During past years we have been helping associations determine
how to use data to make decisions, we have identified 8 primary
goals for an Analytics Strategy & Roadmap process:
- Align analytics objectives with the organizational strategic
- Recognize the importance of data as a key organizational asset
that requires oversight and governance to ensure quality.
- Assess and document the current state of Data, Technology,
Processes and Culture.
- Quantify the direct and indirect costs of the current situation
(data is not clean, accessible, understood and consistently used
- Identify achievable desired outcomes and understand their
- Prioritize these outcomes according to business impact,
technical complexity, and organizational considerations.
- Educate executives and staff about what is possible and what to
expect from an analytics initiative.
- Establish a high level plan for implementing the analytics
strategy, including scope, cost and schedule.
Helping our clients understand their current state,
while comparing it to a desired and realistic future state, has
proven to be a very effective method for building a data
& analytics roadmap. To jump-start this process,
we created a proven framework for assessing an organization’s data
& analytics maturity. Developing an understanding of where your
company is in each of six key areas is a critical first step in
mapping your way forward.
- Strategy: A disciplined process of
developing and managing long-term business objectives, including
the actions that help achieve those objectives.
- Analytics: Effective consumption of
enterprise and ad hoc information with tools that are
capability-aligned to analytic use cases.
- Data: An organization’s ability to capture,
transform, and enrich data assets, including documentation and
maintenance of standardized definitions for master data, rules,
entities, and references.
- Governance: Ensuring the ongoing
relevance, flexibility, and accuracy of data, and developing
application and analytic solutions that fit the company’s unique
needs, culture, and use cases.
- Skills: An organization’s collective expertise
around supporting the full lifecycle of data & analytics delivery,
including data architecture, data integration, project management,
business analysis, data science, user experience, and
- Architecture: Alignment of systems and
infrastructure to support business applications in a secure,
scalable, and flexible manner.
Security advisor @WP Hacked Help