Data Analysis and Metadata Engineer
Progressive Technology Federal Systems, Inc. (PTFS), a
leading systems integration company specializing in content
management and library services/solutions, has an opening for a
Data Analysis and Metadata Engineer in Washington, DC.
The Data Analysis and Metadata Engineer performs both technical and analytical tasks to support the addition of new content to US Government Open Archival Information System with a Content Management sub-system, preservation repository and public website backed by the Search Engine Solr.
- Experience creating and maintaining Data Management Definition (DMD) documentation (or Data Dictionary Definition). DMD describe how content and metadata for each collection is generated, processed, managed and utilized by system components.
- Excellent communication skill, experience interfacing with stakeholders to discuss needs, and propose solutions for ingesting, managing, and providing access to content and metadata.
- Performing data analysis on content collections in order to assess strategies for processing, metadata creation, public display, and search optimization.
- Help implementing and maintaining custom parser from unstructured and structured content using Java or Python Regular expression. XML experience including XSLT transformation implementation. Developing and maintaining scripts (Python, Perl, Groovy, …)
- Knowledge and/or experience with metadata standard such as MODS, PREMIS, METS.
- Nice to have experience with DevOps using Git, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible and Nexus, Behavior-driven development or Test driven development, test automation and performance testing. Agile software development lifecycle methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- Must have 4+ years related experience.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline. MILS/MLS degrees are preferred.
Interested? Send your resume to [login to unmask email] or call Abre at (301) 654-8088 x110